+386 (04) 53 07 940
info (at) gliders-albastar.com
Zapuže 11 b, 4275 Begunje na Gorenjskem, Slovenia
Monday - Friday 6 AM – 2 PM (6.00 – 14.00)
- Serial production of composite assemblies and parts: wings of Sinus, Virus, Taurus, Apis, Virus SW, Alpha Trainer airplanes, UL propellers
- Design and construction of high performance UL gliders and UL powered gliders
- Design and prototype construction of composite assemblies and parts: wings, fuselages, tails, UL propellers, blades of small wind turbines
- Design and construction of models, moulds and jigs for composite assemblies and parts
- Major structural and minor cosmetic repair of composite assemblies and parts
- Maintenance and finish of composite assemblies and parts
- Static load testing of composite structures
- Test flights for gliders and motor gliders
Albastar d.o.o. was always involved in technologies and development of sailplanes, mostly UL sailplanes (gliders).
The owner of Albastar d.o.o. is Mr. Pavel Potočnik, who founded the company in 1993, after 20 years of working experience in the Elan company. He is one of the pioneers of composite construction in Slovenia. He became involved in the mid 1970’s as a member of a composite glider production start-up team in Elan, in scope of partnership with a respectable German company. He was either involved or managed several essential jobs and responsibilities: from initial education and training in Germany, to production and quality assurance, and finally, development and prototype construction.
Internal functional structure of the company includes: management, sales (marketing), production, maintenance and repair, quality assurance, development and prototyping. Currently there are fifteen full-time employees. We have also established a valuable net of external sources and partners for enginering, flight testing and similar services and consulting: Radivoj Kikelj, BS MechE, Roman Sušnik, BS MechE, Maks Berčič- former airline pilot and Franco Orlando -expert in wing profile engineering.
UL sailplanes development technology, such as modelling activities- concerning the production of moulds and prototypes, are among Albastar’s latest activities. The engineering section of design, construction, static load testing, as well as providing the necessary documentation, regarding the homologation procedure of gliders, are quite developed as well.